Good Afternoon All,
We have been having a great time here at the Caterpillar Clubhouse! Here is what’s happening for the month of February…
- This month we will be learning about how fearfully and wonderfully we were made! From the top of our heads to the soles of our feet. WONDERFULLY & FEARFULLY made! Our Little Lamb, Eager Beaver and Sun Beam’s will be reading Fish Don’t Need Snorkels by Karen Collum. Our Busy Bee, Carpenter and Helper’s class will be reading When God Made You by Matthew Paul Turner. Both books can be found on amazon.com.
Parents, if you would like to read an inspirational book of your choice based on our theme we absolutely welcome and encourage it! Please, coordinate with your child’s teacher to sign up for a day to read to our children during Praise & Worship which begins at 10am every day.
- Our memory verse of the month is found in Psalms 139:14 – “I will praise Thee Oh Lord; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made” We repeat (and will repeat) this verse everyday for the remainder of the month and learn more about how we are made in the image of God! From our nose to our toes…
- Our theme for the month of February is NURSERY RHYMES! Take a leap into literacy as we climb inside the most beloved nursery rhymes. Meet Little Boy Blue, Old King Cole and other characters, as they jump from the pages and into your hearts. Build problem-solving skills while trying to put Humpty Dumpty together again. Learn about the Crooked Man and draw a crooked house. Practice counting, sorting and rhythm as you delve into the rhymes that have stood the test of time. Click here to read our Mother Goose Time – Feb 20202 newsletter and learn more about our theme and goals for this month.
- This month our Busy Bee, Caterpillar Carpenter and Helping Hand’s Class will visit the BE WITH ME PLAYSEUM in Annapolis, MD for a day of creativity, imagination and exploration. The fee for this trip is $15 for entrance fees & transportation and is due by Friday, February 14th. There will be no exceptions as tickets and travel arrangement will be made the Friday before. We are asking that all children attending are at the Caterpillar Clubhouse by 9am. We will leave promptly at 9:30am and we ask that you bring your child’s care seat. Please, adhere to the expectations of the field trip and plan accordingly if you do not plan to attend or miss the deadline for payment.
- A friendly reminder that we are closed on Monday, February 17th in honor of President’s Day. Please, do plan accordingly.
- Our CCH Lunch Program has begun!!! Menu’s for the lunch program will posted every Sunday evening for your convenience by our vendor. A few reminder’s for you;
- Sign-up is monthly and part-time servings are not available
- Lunch fee will be added to your monthly tuition and is due along with your invoice by the 15th
- If you sign up to receive lunches your child will receive morning and afternoon snack at no additional cost. Be mindful that morning snack time ends by 9am daily and is not a full meal; rather a fruit pouch and granola bar (or something similar).
- All parties interested must provide an updated list of all food/environmental allergies and dietary restrictions
- To discontinue lunch services please provide a 2 weeks notice as a courtesy
- Lunch service can only be provided for our Sun Beam, Busy Bee, Caterpillar Carpenter & Helping Hand’s Classes
- You should have already received your tax statement for fiscal year 2019 via email from Intuit/QuickBooks along with the centers EIN# for your tax filing purposes. If you have not already received it, please contact the director to have your statement resent.
That’s all for now! Have a wonderful day EVERYONE!
P.S. Something to make you smile